Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Where would YOU spend your 28th wedding anniversarry?

Pete and I in the middle of the floor
on our 28th wedding anniversary, March 8th, 2008
NOTICE the stop watch in Pete's right hand??

Many things are special to my husband, Pete and myself. Our children, our families, our friends and speed skating! Somehow all of those things intertwine anyway. You see our wedding date wasn't some "special" date that we had to get married on. It was a date that was "left over". What do I mean by left over???? LOL

Back in the 80's I was heavily involved in artistic skating. I taught 6 days a week and traveled often (surprise... nothing has changed except the spandex.... wait, that hasn't even changed!).

Well March 1, 1980 was a league meet so we couldn't get married on that date and March 15th, 1980 was the weekend of a local Invitational so that weekend was out. So we choose Saturday, March 8th, 1980 to get married. Since that time many important things in my life have centered around competitions. Some of them are easily explained here... and well others... most people might not understand unless you knew just how "quirky" my family is!! If you dare... ask me sometime about my mom and her love of skating!!!! :)

Since we spent our 25th silver wedding anniversary at practice and we had dinner at KFC (Pete I will NEVER let you forget that!!!!), it would only be appropriate to put on our own invitational on our wedding anniversary where we could be with all of our family and friends (except Josh-and he forgot to call me-I won't let HIM forget about it either!!). So that's where this little story comes from. That and I wanted to introduce you to my "other" children. Most of you already know Josh Wood, but his older sister Antoinette (Toni) who works undercover.. notice the t-shirt!! And Brian Wood, Josh's little brother who could kick his butt in a heart beat but loves his brother dearly, except when yu remind him how his brother and sister tied him to a chair when he was just 4-yrs old and stuck a sock in his mouth while I was at work! LOL Then the fire lights up in Brian's eyes and we all stand back....

Toni has a very ODD sense of humor like her father!
She works UNDERCOVER - don't you think that's weird?
LOL....
Skating has been very good to our family. Not financially by any means (LOL), but friends, families, memories and so much more. I guess I will get over not being together on birthdays, or anniversary's or some holidays as long as we have our "other" family members to spend them with!! How 'bout you?

Brothers till the end! Josh Wood - 25 years old used
to beat up little brother Brian Wood - 21 -years old.
But not any more!!! And YES... they do have the
same mother and the same father! LOL

No comments: