Monday, March 10, 2008

DO I HAVE STORIES ??!!


Things were crazy throughout the competition - just like the swirls on Sidney Titus's head. Sidney from WASHINGTON, finished 1st place in the Standard Sophomore
Men's Division. Gotta be the hair-do!
How can so many things happen over such a short period of time?? I knew it would be a roller-coaster ride ..... and I wasn't disappointed! I know you all want to read the stories and see the pictures. Unfortunately I was not able to take as many photos as I usually do. Some of it was due to time (or really I should say, lack there of), and other reasons I can't believe... like the 3 different sets of batteries that I have for one of my cameras were ALL run down or the fact that I own two cameras and only brought one... or how about this.... I forgot my video camera??!! I think this has been the worst weekend for me capturing what happened. But I am counting on a few people to help me out. Mark Virtue from WASHINGTON who took so many photos his finger is probably hanging by a thread. And to Laura Burns from CALIFORNIA who video taped almost every race promised me that she would get us a copy as soon as she could.

We did have two injuries somewhat serious that I will tell you about (one indoor and one outdoor - one I observed the other I did not), the playing or singing of two National Anthems each morning for two of the four countries that were represented at this meet. And even the photos taken by one of the top dog officials at City Hall, who did a spectacular job. His photos are here: http://www.pbase.com/steve1h/rc_ils_3_9_08

Let's not forget the High Point Award that went to SOUTHGATE/AUBURN, WA team for their superb Indoor Racing... and even two skaters who flew in, rented a car, spent the night and were UNABLE to participate in the Marathon. These and more stories will be flowing this direction. So come back often to check in and see what's new. If the information is not about this year's Inline March Madness Invitational, it most certainly will be about the IMMI in 2009! We are so excited.

Thanks again to ALL of you who traveled, whether it was a few miles from the rink in Sacramento to those of you from the East Coast or another country (Canada, Hungary and Belgium), we are so glad that you could attend. We look forward to having you back again next year! TRIAD RACING and Linda Wood :)

California Girls get together during the clinic with Justin
Stelly and Emily Scott for a brief moment while I capture
those smiles!!

No comments: