Monday, February 25, 2008

FRESNO SKATER "RATES" IMMI MARATHON COURSE

Hi all:

I just HAD to include this information that I found on INLINE PLANET about our Marathon Course! A skater from Fresno named Rich posted a few days ago that he had an opportunity to SKATE our marathon course. When I first read this.... I felt sick to my stomach. Not because the course isn't exactly the way I have described it, but because some skaters feel that when you hold a marathon or any kid of race outside, that it should be on perfectly SMOOTH asphalt. WRONG... it's a road course, designed to be on a road. And I don't know about other states or even cities, but we feel extremely blessed to have a place to skate that WANTS US (Rancho Cordova City Hall) and is willing to help us any way that they can. So when I went on to read that he not only skated the course, he used his new GPS high tech thinga-ma-jig to test it out and then downloaded (or uploaded - depending on your level of internet knowledge) the information and I could watch it... well it wasn't too hard to call me impressed!! You really need to check this out... even if it's only for what the GPS unit can do!! In the meantime there is only 10 days remaining before we start the indoor portion of our INLINE MARCH MADNESS INVITATIONAL.... why aren't you out training??!!! LOL Enjoy... Linda

1. Go to Inline Planet: www.inlineplanet.com

2. Go down to February 19th articles and look for "On
the Forum" MARCH MADNESS COURSE

3. Click on Rich's post and then read. I post after
him.

But the cool thing is you are going to want to see
what his GPS can do. So follow the link he has
provided in his post. Once you are there... click on
the DASHBOARD and then if you are not impressed
enough... then click on MAP PLAYER and really get
excited!!

No comments: