Friday, February 29, 2008

ARE YOU READY ?????

I have received several emails this week where the sender has said something to the effect of "I can't wait to come to Sacramento. You know it's only 6 more days until the meet?!!". And I'm thinking.... "no kidding, only 6 or 7 more days. There is NO WAYYYYYYYYY I am going to get everything done!!" I sure hope that everything that I am supposed to do actually does get accomplished.

I need to finish up with the Fire Department. I just realized that I have not heard back from the American Red Cross (someone remind me we have to contact them again!!). The barricades need to be ordered and picked up. Who is going to rent the UHaul and pick them up? Where will they be stored until Sunday? How about the trophies.. did someone remember to order them? I'm sure they did. But did they PAY for them?! And the rooms for the referee's. Can't they sleep 6 to a room like we do? LOL And the 100 extra chairs should be ordered but since I didn't do it I don't know for sure. And the bleachers need to be put together. Who is bringing the BBQ to the outdoor race? How about the coolers? Do the volunteers know what to do? How many left hand turn signs did we order? Don't forget there are right hand turns too. And make sure that you make enough covers for the drains. Tell the street sweeper we don't need the gutters cleaned.... we need the STREET cleaned!!!! And the Porta-Potties and the dumpster can go over in that parking lot, but make sure they are close enough for the participants. did someone order the t-shirts? O.k. so did you pick them up? What do you mean the vendors need tables? Electrical... for what? Uhhh I was supposed to do that???

Yes, all of those things must be answered or done or designated to someone else and we better make sure it's done this weekend!!! Wow, now I am really worried! :) If I forget something, let me apologize for it now. We all know I can't remember my own kids names half the time and the other half I mix them up so how am I going to keep up with all of this??!!

Well I have a great team of parents and coaches who will keep me in line and get everything done!!! :) I'm looking forward to meeting all of you, so please stop by and say hello and if I look frazzled... I am!! Linda

No comments: